This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how we can resolve the SharePoint 2013 designer workflow error which shows as Workflow Cancelled: Workflow <name> was canceled by System Account.
Error: <Workflow Name> failed to start.
In the particular case, we have migrated few SharePoint designer workflows from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013. And when we run the workflows in SharePoint 2013, it gives the above error. If you will go and see the workflow status for each item, you will see something like below:
Workflow canceled failed to start
The below solution worked for us.
We saw the workflow was published by the System Account. So we open the designer in another account (full control), just republish the workflow again to the SharePoint 2013 site.
And it worked for us. Basically, we should not publish SharePoint designer 2013 workflow with System Account.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration-Your FAQs Answered
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013 or SharePoint 2010 Cache?
- SharePoint Designer cannot display the item error while opening SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- SharePoint 2013 designer workflow changes not updating
Hope this will be helpful to resolve Workflow canceled failed to start SharePoint 2013 designer workflow error.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com