Microsoft has discontinued features in SharePoint designer 2013 workflow which was available in the SharePoint designer 2010 workflow.
Microsoft removed some of the key features of the SharePoint designer workflow. But in SharePoint Designer 2013, you can still create a SharePoint 2010 Workflow and use all of the SharePoint 2010 Workflow features by choosing the SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform.
SharePoint 2013 designer workflow discontinued features
Below are some of the Actions that are not there in SharePoint 2013:
- Stop Workflow
- Capture a Version of the Document Set
- Send Document Set to Repository
- Set Content Approval Status for the Document Set
- Start Document Set Approval Process
- Declare Record
- Set Content Approval Status
- Undeclare Record
- Add List Item
- Inherit List Item Parent Permissions
- Remove List Item Permissions
- Replace List Item Permissions
- Lookup Manager of a User
- Assign a Form to a Group
- Assign a To-Do Item
- Collect Data from a User
- Start Approval Process
- Start Custom Task Process
- Start Feedback Process
- Copy List Item
Below are the Conditions which are not there in SharePoint 2013:
- If current item field equals value
- Check list item permission levels
- Check list item permissions
Below Steps is not there in SharePoint 2013:
Below Data sources is not available in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow:
- User Profile lookup
Few Other features which are not available in the SharePoint designer 2013 workflow.
- Visio integration
- Association Column
- Content Type Association for reusable workflow
- ‘Require Manage List/Web Permission’ feature for list/site workflow
- Globally reusable workflow type
- Workflow visualization option
You can check out the MSDN article for a full URL.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Impersonation step missing in SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- Quick Step in SharePoint 2013
- App Step in SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow
- How to add edit task form URL inside SharePoint 2013 designer workflow email?
- Packaging and Deploying in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- Calling Rest API from A SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow App Permissions
- How to Clear SharePoint Designer 2013 Cache?
- Set Text field to empty or blank in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
Here, we learned a few SharePoint 2013 designer workflow discontinued features.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)