This SharePoint tutorial we will discuss how to fix error The web server at site collection URL does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed which comes while trying to open a SharePoint 2013 site using SharePoint designer 2013.
Recently, while I was trying to open my SharePoint 2013 site using SharePoint 2013 designer, it gave an error as The Web server at “site collection URL” does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed.
It looks like below:
The web server at site collection URL does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed
We follow the below steps to solve the error “The Web server at site collection URL does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed“.
Open your SharePoint 2013 central administration. Then click on “Security” from the left side. Then from the Security page, click on “Specify authentication providers” from the “General Security” section.
Then in the Authentication Providers page, select your web application for which you want to change from the right side.
Then click on “Default” link in “Zone” like below:
Then in the “Edit Authentication” page, go to the Client Integration section and click on Yes option in Enable Client Integration? like below, even if it is selected Yes. Just reselect once again and click on OK.
After this restart your SharePoint designer and it should work fine now.
You may like following SharePoint designer tutorials:
- SharePoint Designer Workflow 2013 Error: Windows Workflow Foundation, part of .Net Framework 3.0, must be installed to use this feature
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013 Cache?
- Change width of list view column in SharePoint 2013 using SharePoint designer 2013
- The server could not complete your request sharepoint designer 2013
- SharePoint Designer cannot display the item error while trying to edit workflow using SharePoint 2013 designer
- Dictionary actions example in SharePoint Designer 2013
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix error The web server at site collection URL does not appear to have Microsoft SharePoint Foundation installed which comes in SharePoint designer 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com