In this SharePoint tutorial, I will explain SharePoint calculated column get month and year from the date in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. We will discuss how to extract Year and Month from the created date column in SharePoint 2013/2016. Here we will extract through calculated column and store in two separate columns in the SharePoint Online list.
SharePoint 2013: Calculated column to get month and year from date
Here I have created few calculated columns in the SharePoint list and I will show you how to retrieve year and month from created date column.
Go to the SharePoint list settings and then click on Create column to add a new column. Give the column name and chose the column type as a calculated column. Then in the formula write like below:
The SharePoint calculated list columns looks like below:
The above formula will return the formula as a single line text, Now if you want to return as integer then you can write the formula like below:
Similarly if you want to calculate month from created date, then follow the above step and write the formula like below:
=Text(Created, “MMMM”): This will return the full month name
=Text(Created, “MMM”): This will return first 3 letters of the month name
=Text(Created, “MM”): This will return integer month
If you want to return the value as an integer then you can write the formula like below:
Now if you will check the output will come like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- What is SharePoint Lookup Column? How to create lookup site column and add to list in SharePoint Online/2013/2016?
- Working with Title Column in SharePoint 2016 List
- Working with Indexed column in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2013 online Show color in different color based on status column value in SharePoint 2013 using Calculated column
- Generate URL using Calculated column in SharePoint 2013 List
- SharePoint Calculated column to display duration between two dates in Hour-Minute
- How to use SharePoint Calculated Column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online + 9 Useful Examples
This sharepoint calculated column tutorial I have explained here how to use sharepoint calculated column get month and year from created date column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com