In this SharePoint BSC tutorial, we explore External Content Type how to apply a comparison filter on a System.Nullable<System.Int32> in BCS. I’m creating an External Content Type with SQL Store procedure in SharePoint 2013. I have one input parameters of the type System.Nullable<System.Int32> and I’d like to add filters of the type Comparison to these input parameters.
Filters in BCS are very handy, and often necessary, for reducing the amount of items when working with External Data, such as an External Data Column based on an External Content Type.
A sample input parameter for a Read List operation,may look like this:
If you want to add a Comparison filter for this input parameter, you would probably set it up like this:
When you click OK, you would see an Error message in the Errors and Warning list at the bottom of the page.
It seems like SharePoint BCS is unable to cope with Nullable Int .NET data types, which would be odd, as they have been around in the .NET Framework since version 2.0.
It shows an Error message:
“The filter data type Sytem.Nullable<System.Int32> does not match data type System.Int32 on the data source element [[ElementName]].
The solution is to set the Filter Field property of the Filter to <<none>>. Since the Filter Configuration dialog is started from the Element properties panel, the Element to filter is still linked to this filter.
Press OK to close the Dialog and press Finish to close the Read List dialog. Save your changes to ECTs.
We configure comparison filter External Content Type ’ to Business data List.
Step 1: Navigate to your SharePoint 2013 site.
Step 2: From this page select the Site Actions | Edit Page.
Edit the page, go to the “Insert” tab in the ribbon and click the “Web Part” option. In the “Web Parts” picker area, go to the “Business data” category, select the “Business data List” Web Part and press the “Add button”.
You may like following SharePoint BCS tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 Export and Import BDC Model to Create External List
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List Part Two
- SharePoint 2013 BDC Configuration and Creating External Content Type and External List
- There are no addresses available for this application error Message while configuring BCS SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2016 BCS error The metadata object that has Name yourname has a Property with name AuthenticationMode and value RevertToSelf.
- Create External Content Type Based on a Stored Procedure in SharePoint 2013 BCS
- Custom Action on Business Data List Web Part In SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint BCS: There are no addresses available for this application
- Business Connectivity Services BCS in SharePoint 2010
- Creating Business Data Connectivity Service using SharePoint Designer 2013 in SharePoint 2013
- Disadvantages of external lists in BCS Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Business Data Connectivity connectors are currently enabled in a partitioned environment: SharePoint 2013/2010
I hope its help full….
Solutions. I am currently working on Sharepoint 2010, MOSS 2007, Sharepoint 2013,Sharepoint 2013 App Dev, C#, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2008.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.