This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to fix one workflow issue which appears after migrating from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013.
Recently while working on a migration project from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013 we saw that the default workflows which were created in moss 2007 do not appear in SharePoint 2013.
Follow, below steps to solve the below issue.
The issue was coming in one of the SharePoint 2013 sites which we got migrated from MOSS 2007. We migrated the sites using database upgrade approach, like from MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2010 and then from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
In most 2007 site, if I go to any list or document library and click on ECB menu for any item then Workflows like below:
Then we will be able to see the default workflows like below (In this particular case there are two workflows like Approval and Collect Feedback workflows):
In SharePoint 2013, if you will go to the ECB menu and click on Workflows like below:
You will not see the default workflows there. It will show a message like This item has no workflows to start like below:
SharePoint 2013 approval workflow template missing
To solve the issue open the list or document library in SharePoint 2013 site. Then from the ribbon click on Workflow settings as shown in the fig below:
This will open the workflow settings page. Here first from the dropdown select Document. Then click on “Remove, Block, or Restore a Workflow” like below:
Then in the next screen select all radio buttons for your workflows in Allow section like below:
After this, you will be able to see the workflows when you will navigate from the ECB menu for a particular item.
You may like following SharePoint designer workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- Delete list item after specific duration using SharePoint designer workflow
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- How to Trigger Sharepoint 2013 Designer workflow on a list item by calling REST API using jQuery?
- Nintex Workflow for office 365: Create a user in Office 365 and Add User to SharePoint Group
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- SharePoint online Send email in visual studio 2015 workflow using Email Workflow Activity
Here, we learned how to fix an issue, Out of box workflows not appearing SharePoint 2013 after migrating from MOSS 2007.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com