This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to fix an issue “Alerts are not working in SharePoint” from specific site collection of the FARM in SharePoint 2013/2016. We will discuss how to resolve SharePoint 2013 alerts are not working issue.
I was not receiving alerts from a specific site collection in my SharePoint server, on the other hand, I am getting alerts from other site collections from the same SharePoint server.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Later some research I have realized that alerts are disabled on Web Application of the Site Collection in the SharePoint server. Where we could check that?
Open SharePoint Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Web Applications -> Select the desired web Application (as shown below)
I have realized that alerts were off on that SharePoint web application.
To resolve the issue, we have to enable the alerts in the SharePoint web application. We can enable alert:
- From SharePoint 2016/2013 central administration
- By using PowerShell cmdlets
We can easily enable alert in the web application, Open SharePoint Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Web Applications -> Select the desired web Application
Enable alerts as part of General settings of Web Application and click on OK on the popup window.
We can also use PowerShell cmdlets to check, enable and disable alerts for the web application in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Check alerts on the requires web application using PowerShell
Below, is the PowerShell command to check alerts on a web application using PowerShell.
$webappUlr = Get-SPWebApplication "<Web Application URL>" $webappUlr.AlertsEnabled
Enable/disable Alerts using PowerShell in SharePoint
Below is the PowerShell cmdlets to enable or disable alerts in SharePoint 2013/2016 web application.
$webappUlr = Get-SPWebApplication "<Web Application URL>" # To enable alerts in this Web application $webappUlr.AlertsEnabled = $true $webappUlr.Update() # To disable alerts in this Web application $webappUlr.AlertsEnabled = $false $webappUlr.Update()
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- User Information List in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010
- Extend web application in SharePoint 2013 (using PowerShell and Central Administration)
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Alternate Access Mapping in SharePoint 2016
- Debugging PowerShell Script with Visual Studio Code
- Update People Picker Group field using Rest API and jQuery in SharePoint 2013/2016
- PSConfig Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException Issue in SharePoint
- SSRS version conflict issue in SharePoint2013
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to fix alerts are not working error in SharePoint 2013/2016.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)