This SharePoint migration tutorial we will discuss how to solve Custom New Folder in ribbon disabled issue in SharePoint 2013.
We had a huge migration of about 100 site collections from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013 in an on-premises server. We were following database migration and code migration as well.
The code was upgraded using visual studio 2012 and packaged the WSP files respectively. And we then deployed all the wsp to SharePoint 2013 environment successfully. Now let me discuss the issue in which we found an issue fixing details.
We had custom ribbon control as “New Project Folder” in document libraries and that was disabled. All business users were using a custom document library template to create multiple libraries and the custom ribbon was attached to those libraries.
If we create a new document library using the template, New Project Folder option enabled but for existing migrated libraries it was disabled.
After spending some time, there was another twist found in the issue. The New Project Folder option was enabled in few libraries but not in all which created lots of confusion.
We also deployed the 2010 wsp files to make sure if there is any dependency but it didn’t help ended with the same issue.
Finally thought of using the Fiddler tool to find out more details of the issue and noticed it’s looking for some folder from 12 hive which is not available.
Using SharePoint Designer opened both the document libraries and found the difference. The folder was missing in the migrated site.
I extracted all WSP files to find out the same folder but could not able to get the folder.
Finally thought of finding all WSP from TFS and got some WSP which was developed in SharePoint 2007.
I deployed the WSP to the SharePoint 2013 server and the folder was enabled.
You may like following SharePoint migration tutorials:
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration-Your FAQs Answered
- Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft step by step migration from SharePoint 2016 on premise to SharePoint Online
- [Video Tutorial] Free SharePoint Migration Tool from Microsoft
- Lotus Notes to SharePoint Migration Blog
- SharePoint 2013 migration issues File not found and 404 not found issue
- How to work with content type column in calculated field in SharePoint 2013 after migrating from Moss 2007?
- Out of box workflows not appearing SharePoint 2013 after migrating from MOSS 2007
- SharePoint 2013 Document library checkboxes missing after migration from Moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Site permissions not working after migrating from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Office 365 SharePoint Easy Migration
- Office 365 Quick Development Design Tips and Tricks
- Design SharePoint Online Form using FORM7
I have 9 years of exprience into SharePoint implementation, architecture, Administrator, development and Training.Designing Information Architecture in SharePoint 2007, 2010,2013 and Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.