Alerts in SharePoint 2013 has some advanced features compared to SharePoint 2013 alerts.
Steps to Setup Alert?
– First Open the list, document library or discussion for which you want to set up the alert.
– Under either the Documents or Library tabs, click on Alert Me as shown in the fig below:
– Then it will open the New Alert dialog box.
– give a title for the Alert.
– you can enter the username or email address to which you want to send the alerts.
– You can select the Change type for which you can send the alert. It has options like All changes, New items are added, Existing items are modified, Items are deleted.
– You can set send alerts to these change and the changes are like: Anything changes, Someone else changes a document, Someone else changes a document created by me, Someone else changes a document last modified by me.
– You can also set When you want to send the Alerts like Send notifications immediately, Send a daily summary, Send a weekly summary or also you can set a particular time. See the fig below:
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)
About Bijay Kumar
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SharePointSky.com
Your FREESharePoint Online Ebook is on its way to your Email Inbox. **************** You will get notification on FREE SharePoint online training, SharePoint webinars, Video Tutorial & also latest FREE PDF tutorials