This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how we can set people picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow.
I have a scenario like this:
I have a customized SharePoint InfoPath list form which contains a People picker field. Whenever a user submits the form an email will trigger to the email id presented in the people picker. Now my requirement is to set the people picker blank once the email sent. So tried a various solution like created a variable and set it to empty and then assign that variable to the people picker. Then created another people picker field and assign that people picker in the Set value to value action. This also did not work for me.
The solution which work for me is in the Set value to value (Set field in Current Item action), I did like Set EmailTo to [space]. Here space means a space without bracket.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Package and Deploy workflow in SharePoint 2013 designer
- Change Item Level Permission using SharePoint designer workflow
- The Option for the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Platform is not available error in SharePoint 2013
- Workflow Internal Status Suspended error in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- Set Text field to empty or blank in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- Approval Workflow in SharePoint Online with an example
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
Not sure whether it is correct approach or not, and if you have any better option then please Share with us.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)