Set master page for a particular page in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to set the master page for a particular page in SharePoint Online. In the same way, we can set a master page for a particular page in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Set master page for a particular page in SharePoint
Recently we were working in a public-facing SharePoint 2013 site, where we have created our own custom master page and we applied it throughout the site collections.
By default when you change the master page from Site Settings -> Master Page which is under Look and Feels. The master page will be applied to the whole SharePoint site.
But according to one of my requirements in one of the page we need to set the default Seattle master page.
For this, we have to change the master page on the particular page with the help of SharePoint designer 2013.
Open the SharePoint site using SharePoint designer 2013.
Let us say the particular page presented in the Site Pages document library then click on Site Pages under Site Objects in SharePoint designer. And then right-click on the particular page and click on Edit File in Advanced Mode.
By default when you open any site you can see by default the master page file path will be like below:
Now let us say if you want to set the master page as Seattle master page then modify the tag like below:
Then save the page and refresh the page in the browser. You will see the particular page will use the Seattle.master page.
You may like following SharePoint designer tutorials:
- Site Title snippet in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online custom master page
- Create a custom master page using Visual Studio in SharePoint 2016/2013
- Sorry something went wrong the file masterurl custom.master is not a valid master page
- How to hide a master page div when displayed in a SharePoint dialog box?
- Change Master Page using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Create a fixed width and responsive mobile master page using SharePoint designer 2013
- Steps to create a master page using design manager in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- How to appear Developer Dashboard in the custom master page in SharePoint?
- Direct Dependencies Limit with Master page User Controls in SharePoint
- Reference jQuery in SharePoint 2013/2010 master page or in Application Page
- Fix width of master page in SharePoint 2010
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to set a master page for a particular page in SharePoint 2016/2013/Online using SharePoint designer 2013.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)