There is no way to protect the data store of an Exchange account as you can for pst-file. The Exchange data store is an ost-file and doesn’t hold the ability to password protect it.
Always prompt for credentials
To set the option to always prompt for logon credentials, click on the More Settings… button in while still in your Exchange account settings and select the Security tab.
Also you can read:
– Get all SharePoint Users in CSV File from Farm using PowerShell in SharePoint
– SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2 and SharePoint 2016 RC Single Server Farm Technical Preview Deployment Guide Part-3
– How to do an IISReset in all the servers in a SharePoint Farm?
Follow the below stsps:
– Open outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016. Then click on file options and select Account setting from right side.
– Double click on user account new wizard will get open
– Click on More setting, on the tab click on security select below screen
Setting the option: Always prompt for logon credentials.
Note: This option is not available when connecting to Exchange via the MAPI over HTTP protocol.
Hope this will be helpful.