This Microsoft flow example, we will discuss how to use the Microsoft flow template “Send text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list“. Learn how to send a text to an emergency contact through Microsoft Flow.
As we know Microsoft has introduced a powerful feature called Flow in SharePoint online, we can automate workflows between your favorite apps and services to get notifications, synchronize files, collect data, and much more. If you are new to Microsoft Flow, You can read an article on What is Microsoft Flow [Step by Step Tutorial and Example in SharePoint Online Office 365].
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Training Course Videos (Lifetime Access)
Step 1: Open https://flow.microsoft.com -> Create a new flow -> Next search “Send text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list” like below:
Step 2: Here I have integrated my service provider Twilio account with my SharePoint flow. When I clicked on Twilio it’s asking me for connection name, Id and Access Token. Once you complete your all details, click on create button to continue.
Step 3: For creating your own Twilio account you can click on this link
https://www.twilio.com/console. Once you successfully create your account, it will automatically generate a contact, ID and access token for you. Next, use the same in your Twilio while connecting.
Step 4: Next it will show your account gets verified or not. Next, click on the continue button to go blank flow design page.
Step 5: Next it will appear a blank page where you can design your flow. Provide your site name and contact list name which you want to connect. Next, your Twilio phone no will automatically be populated over here.
Now click Next step where you can trigger an action or add a condition. Conditions are used to trigger different actions, for example, you could add a condition which only sends you an SMS if the email is received outside of normal business hours. In this example, let’s just add an action to keep things simple for now.
Step 6: Once you done this design part , go to your flow and save it and Test it and check the Error logs.
Step 7: Next click on continue and run the flow. Here it will ask me to provide the phone no as I am manually giving the phone no instead of fetching from the list.
Step 8: If anything problem in your flow then you will get an error message in details page like below screenshot.
Step 9: If your flow running successfully then you will receive an message like below screenshot.
You may like following Microsoft flow examples:
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
- Send an Email when Item added in a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- On-premises Data Gateway Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Flow
- Failed to create a connection for connection id while setting up push notification in Microsoft Flow in Office 365
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Microsoft Flow Error Handling
- Microsoft Flow Examples: Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Microsoft Flow: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include a specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Share organization new employee details in Twitter using Microsoft flow
- Create a Leave request approval workflow using Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online
- Microsoft flow parsing select and expand failed get manager v2
This flow tutorial explains, how to send text message using Microsoft flow. Also, we saw how to use “Send text to all emergency contacts from a SharePoint list” Microsoft Flow template in SharePoint.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).