In this article, we will discuss how to trigger an email when an item is added in a list using Microsoft Flow. If you are new to Microsoft Flow, read an article on What is Microsoft Flow [Step by Step Tutorial and Example in SharePoint Online Office 365].
Before creating the Microsoft flow, I am going to create a custom list in SharePoint using the modern SharePoint experience. Please look into the screenshot below.
Send an Email when Item added in a list using Microsoft Flow
Step 1: Create a list called “Sales List” and create the same column name as per below image.
Step 2: Now our list is ready so we will create flow for this list. Please click on the new flow as per below screenshot.
Step 3: You will get an small window in right side of the page so you can choose your flow. So here we will choose send a customize email when new SharePoint list item is added.
Step 4: In this section, Flow will verify your account details. It will check your office 365 account, outlook account and SharePoint account. If any of those get failure then it does not allow you to create a new flow. Please click on Create Flow .
Step 5: Next, You will redirect to new page where you can able see your connection get verified or not. If it got verified then we can start to modify our flow.
Step 6: Next click on Edit in top of the page and modify your email content and other settings. Once you done your modification, don’t forget to click on Save button.
Step 7: Next go back to your list and add a item in your list. Within a Second you will receive a confirmation email as per the below screenshot.
You may like following Microsoft Flow tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Microsoft Flow: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include the specific hashtag to a SharePoint list
- Microsoft flow Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Configuration
- On-premises Data Gateway Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Flow
This blog is all about sending an email when Item added in a list in SharePoint Online. I will share more about flow in my next blog.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: