This SharePoint 2013 search tutorial explains, how we can search based on the ID column in SmallInputSearchBox or even in the Site Search box also.
Recently I got a requirement where business users want to search for items from a SharePoint list using the ID field.
Example: If I have a SharePoint list where there are 10 items having an ID from 1 to 10, then if the user searches for 9 then the 9th item should show in the search result. If the user searches for 7, then the item which has ID 7 should display in the search result.
By default search does not work for the ID field, but there is a way you can search based on ID.
In the search box, put like below:
ListItemID:[ID of the List Item]
It should look like below:
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online Office 365
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery News Ticker using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part CSWP in SharePoint server 2013
- Create a simple bootstrap navigation menu using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
I hope this SharePoint search helps to Search Items based in the ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.