This SharePoint 2013 search tutorial explain, how we can search based on the ID column in SmallInputSearchBox or even in the Site Search box also. Recently I got a requirement where business users want to search items from a SharePoint list using the ID field.
Example: If I have a SharePoint list where there are 10 items having an ID from 1 to 10, then if user search for 9 then the 9th item should show in the search result. If user search for 7, then item which has ID 7 should display in the search result.
By default search does not work for the ID field, but there is a way you can search based on ID.
In the search box, put like below:
ListItemID:[ID of the List Item]
It should look like below:
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online Office 365
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery News Ticker using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part CSWP in SharePoint server 2013
- Create a simple bootstrap navigation menu using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
Hope this SharePoint search helps to Search Items based in ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)