Search Items based in ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This SharePoint 2013 search tutorial explains, how we can search based on the ID column in SmallInputSearchBox or even in the Site Search box also.
Recently I got a requirement where business users want to search for items from a SharePoint list using the ID field.
Example: If I have a SharePoint list where there are 10 items having an ID from 1 to 10, then if the user searches for 9 then the 9th item should show in the search result. If the user searches for 7, then the item which has ID 7 should display in the search result.
By default search does not work for the ID field, but there is a way you can search based on ID.
In the search box, put like below:
ListItemID:[ID of the List Item]
It should look like below:
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online Office 365
- JQuery accordion using content search web part in SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery News Ticker using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part CSWP in SharePoint server 2013
- Create a simple bootstrap navigation menu using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
I hope this SharePoint search helps to Search Items based in the ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.