Search Engine Optimization is a very good technique that helps your site to be indexed in google. If your site is a public-facing website then it is very much necessary to implement SEO technique in the site. Few important things you can implement as a part of SEO like write a proper title for the page, Keywords, Meta description, etc. Here we will discuss how to implement a few SEO techniques in SharePoint 2013 publishing websites.
In SharePoint 2013, there was no direct approach to implement SEO but SharePoint 2013 has native support for Search Engine Optimization as a part of web content management feature.
Open your SharePoint 2013 publishing site and edit the page. then from the Ribbon, go to the Page tab and then Manage -> Edit Properties -> Edit SEO Properties as shown in the fig below:
Then in the SEO Properties page, Put the Name, Title, Browser Title (SEO Browser Title which will be the page title and this will appear in the search results), Meta Description, Keywords etc. which will be helpful to index your public facing SharePoint 2013 site.
If you want to do settings for Search Engine Optimization then you can navigate to Site Settings -> Site Collection Administration -> Search engine optimization settings. There you can define the custom meta tags that will be added to all pages.
You may like following SharePoint search tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Content Search WebPart with Query String
- SharePoint 2013 content search web part vs content query web part
- Show Slideshow list data using SharePoint 2013 content search web part
- Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Search using REST API
- SharePoint Online Create Enterprise Search Center Site
- Create a custom search result page and add custom search result page to SharePoint Online Search Center
- Create SharePoint 2013 Online Search Result Sources and attach to Search Result page
- Search Items based in ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox
- SharePoint 2013 Enable and Configure search alerts
I hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to implement search engine optimization in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.