This SharePoint Online tutorial explains save site as template SharePoint online URL and save site as template SharePoint 2013/2016 URL. We will see how can we use save site as template SharePoint online URL to save site as a template in publishing site in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
By default in SharePoint publishing sites, you can not able to see Save site as template option in the Site Settings page. This is applicable for SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
If you are new to SharePoint Save Site as template option, you may like following tutorials:
- Save site as a template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Site definition vs Site template in SharePoint 2013/2010
- Enable Save site as a template using SharePoint designer in SharePoint 2013
- Save site as template SharePoint online missing solution
- Enable Save Site as Template option in Publishing Site in SharePoint Online using PowerShell
1. First I created Subsite using Project Template under the site collection in SharePoint 2013.
2. Now I want to this Subsite Save as a Site Template. When I went for Save site as Template in site setting. Under Site Action, there is no option for “Save site as Template”. See in fig.
3. For this, I added this URL “_layouts/savetmpl.aspx” after my subsite URL. See in fig.
The save site as template SharePoint 2013 URL is same for SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
Example: https://<Site URL>/_layouts/15/savetmpl.aspx
4. Now the form appears for as a Save Site as a Template. See in fig.
5. Here I entered the all information in the form and I saved this subsite as a Template. See in fig
Hope this SharePoint Online tutorial explains, what is save site as template SharePoint online URL and how you can Save site as a template from the URL directly using the browser.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: