Here we will discuss how we can resolve save site as template or save list as template issue in SharePoint Online Office 365. Sometime if you will go to the Site Settings page, you do not see the Save Site as template option, similarly if you will go to any list or library you also will not find Save list as template also in your SharePoint Online site.
In those case you can check out few things:
– If it is a publishing site or publishing feature has been activated in a site, then you will not get those opens in the settings pages. If SharePoint Server Publishing feature is enabled, it disables the ability to save the site as a template.
– Create Azure App and Deploy to SharePoint Online as an App Step by Step
– Display SharePoint list item using AngularJS REST API SharePoint online
– Get all workflows from all site collections using server object model in SharePoint 2013
– In the other case if it is a team site in your SharePoint online then you can follow the below step which will solve the issue (in my case it did).
Go to your SharePoint Online Admin center and then click on settings link like below:
Then navigate to Custom Script section, and there enable Allow users to run custom script on personal sites and Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites like below:
Then wait for 24 hours, this is really really important. After that you can see Save site as template option.
Hope this will be helpful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.