This SharePoint Online tutorial explains, how to resolve to save site as a template or save the list as template missing issue in SharePoint Online Office 365. Sometime if you will go to the Site Settings page, you do not see the Save Site as template option, similarly, if you will go to any list or library you also will not find Save list as a template also in your SharePoint Online site.
We will discuss how to enable Save site as template option in SharePoint Online Office 365.
You can read an article on Save site as template in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
In those case, you can check out a few things:
- If it is a publishing site or publishing feature has been activated in a site, then you will not get those opens in the settings pages. If SharePoint Server Publishing feature is enabled, it disables the ability to save the site as a template.
- In the other case if it is a team site in your SharePoint online then you can follow the below step which will solve the issue (in my case it did).
Go to your SharePoint Online Admin center and then click on settings link like below:
Then navigate to Custom Script section, and there enable below things:
- Allow users to run a custom script on personal sites
- Allow users to run a custom script on self-service created sites
Then wait for 24 hours, this is really really important. After that, you can see Save site as template option.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Enable Save site as a template using SharePoint designer in SharePoint 2013
- The Save site as template action is not supported on this site error in SharePoint 2013
- [Solution] Save Site as Template option missing under Site Action Section in the Site Settings menu in SharePoint 2010/2013/2016/Online
- Communication Site Overview in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Steps to force delete corrupted site collection using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint Online Team site Vs Communication site
- SharePoint Create Subsite with Unique Permissions in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
Hope this SharePoint Online tutorial explains how to enable Save site as a template in SharePoint Online Office 365.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)