This SharePoint tutorial we will discuss how to solve save site as template option missing in SharePoint Online list settings page issue. SharePoint provides Save list as template option to save an existing list as a template and use that list template to create new lists.
Recently, I had a requirement to copy list items from one SharePoint site to another site in 0ffice 365. When I tried to save the list as a template, However I unable to do it as Save List as Template was missing in that list.
After few RND, I got to know three solution to fix this issue.
Save list as template missing SharePoint Online
Current Issue: List Save as Template Missing in List Setting page. Below is the screenshot, where you can see the save site as template option missing in SharePoint Online list settings page.
Solution-1: Some time this problem occurs due to some setting disable in Office 365 Admin center.
Resolution: Enable the following options:
- Allow users to run a custom script on self-service created sites
- Allow users to run a custom script on personal sites
- Go to the SharePoint Admin center and click on the Settings menu which will open the settings page.
- In the Settings page, enable the following options:
When we enable this setting, It will take 24 hours to take effect in our application as Microsoft has run their Timer job.
Solution-2: Sometimes it got disable due to publishing feature has activated in our application. If it’s not required then better we should deactivate this feature in site collection level in the SharePoint site.
Solution-3: If you have full permission to the site collection, then we can open the list settings page through a manual process by URL.
Example: The below URL is the exact path of my Save List As Template. So you have to replace my site URL and list GUID and update your site URL and list GUID. It will work.
Please try with any of the solutions and after that, you can get back Save List as Template in your list settings Page.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create a PowerApps App from PowerApps template
- Add multiple Office templates as a content type to a document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- The list is too large to save as a template. The size of a template cannot exceed 52428800 bytes SharePoint Online/2016/2013 save as a template error
- SharePoint 2019 modern Team site template missing while creating sub sites
- Retrieve SharePoint Online List Templates using PowerShell
- How to find which template is used for a site in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Retrieve all site templates using PowerShell and server object model in SharePoint 2016/2013
- SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Working with JSLink Templates Fields
- Activate Group Work Site Template in SharePoint 2013
- the specified file or folder name is too long sharepoint error
Hope this SharePoint Online tutorial helps to solve save site as template option missing in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)