This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is RSS Viewer web part in SharePoint? How we can use RSS viewer web part in SharePoint Online/2013/2016/2019?
What is RSS Viewer web part in SharePoint?
The RSS viewer Web part is an out of box Web part in SharePoint where user can display either external feed or SharePoint list data.
There are different types of external feed are available in various sites like news, weather or national holiday list, etc. So we can simply collect the RSS feed for a particular application and bind it in our SharePoint application through RSS feed Web part.
The RSS viewer Web Part can be used with SharePoint 2010, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2019 and Office 365.
RSS viewer web part example in SharePoint
Please look into below example to create a RSS viewer web part in SharePoint.
The below URL is my RSS feed for abcnews. So we can use the same URL to display the updated news in our SharePoint page.
Step 1: Login your SharePoint application -> Open the web part page -> Edit page
Step 2: Click on RSS Viewer Web part under Content Rollup web part category, same as below screen shot.
Step 4: Go tho the RSS Viewer Web part and next go the Web part properties window -> Copy the above feed URL and paste it inside RSS Feed URL -> Click on OK button.
Step 5: Next updated news will reflect in you page same as the below screenshot. We can also set the time interval to refresh this page so that we can get the recent updated news.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Create a New Service Request in Office 365 Account
- Delete content type from SharePoint list using PowerShell
- Create Highcharts in SharePoint using Rest API
- How to Enable view entries in SharePoint list multiple lines of text columns
- Embed PowerPoint Slide in SharePoint Online/2013/2016/2019
- Difference between SharePoint classic and modern experiences in list and library
- Send an Email when Item added in a SharePoint list using Microsoft Flow
- Create a Survey in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- Copy list items from one site collection to another programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- Different ways to create auto increment column in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list
This article will provide you how to create an RSS Viewer Web part in SharePoint and how to use the external feed in our SharePoint application.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.