This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss, rss viewer webpart in sharepoint, how to use the RSS Viewer web part in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Rss viewer webpart in SharePoint
By using the RSS Viewer web part we will be able to display information from another site by using their RSS Feed. For example, we can show news from various websites. Apart from this we also will be able to display RSS feeds of the various list or document libraries which are presented in other SharePoint sites.
Add and use Rss viewer webpart in SharePoint
To add an RSS viewer web part first Open the page in edit mode and then click on add a web part. Then from the ribbon select RSS Viewer which is presented under Content Rollup web part categories. It looks like below:
Then it will add the web part to the page. Click on Open the tool pane as shown in the fig below:
This will open the RSS View web part properties dialog box. Go to the RSS Properties section, and give the RSS Feed URL in the given box. Here I have given TOI news RSS Feed URL. It should look like below:
TOI RSS feed URL:
The Save the page, you will be able to see TOI news in your website, which looks like below:
You may like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- Site Feed web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Display tfs work items in GridView using SharePoint Visual Web Part
- sharepoint online calendar web part
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- Add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint
- SharePoint Online Content Query Web Part FAQ
- Promoted links web part in SharePoint Online
- Create and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint Online
- Enable Chart Web Part in SharePoint
- Add a web part to page in SharePoint
- Add jQuery in visual web part in SharePoint
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- Create a web part page using visual studio 2013 in SharePoint 2013
Here, we learned how to use rss viewer webpart in SharePoint Online/2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.