In this Power Apps SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to show RSS feed in PowerApps.
Microsoft provides RSSFeed connector to fetch RSS feed in PowerApps.
Show RSS feed in PowerApps
First, we will create a canvas app from the PowerApps.com site.
If you are new to PowerApps Canvas App, check out the below URLs:
- How to Create a Canvas app from SharePoint List in Power Apps
- Create a canvas app from Excel in Power Apps (Step by Step tutorial)
Here create an app and you may choose Phone layout or Tablet layout.
Then add one controls in your screen: DataTable1 from Power Apps input controls.
The PowerApps screen looks like below:
Next, go to the dataSource and search RSSFeed and double click on it to add in dataTable.
Next go to the Items property in the dataTable and set the property like:
Once connection gets success, it will by default create a Title column in the dataTable and bind all feeds in the table.
If you want to add more columns in the table, then click on Add Field in the right side of the windows and check the field name which you want.
Below is the list of property that is available in the RSSFeed. You can add or remove it, as per your requirement.
|id||stringFeed ID||Feed ID|
|title||stringFeed title||Feed title|
|primaryLink||stringPrimary feed link||Primary feed link|
|links||array of (string)Feed links||Feed links|
|updatedOn||stringFeed updated on||Feed updated on|
|publishDate||stringFeed published on||Feed published date|
|summary||stringFeed summary||Feed item summary|
|copyright||stringFeed copyright information||Copyright information|
|categories||array of (string)Feed categories||Feed item categories|
Once you have done your changes, just click on the run button to see the output. Below is my output for RSSFeed.
- List all RSS feed items: RSS.ListFeedItems (string feedUrl)
- When a feed item is published: RSS.OnNewFeed (string feedUrl)
You may like following PowerApps tutorials:
- Power Apps weather app
- Fetch Outlook email details Power Apps using Office 365 Outlook Connector
- PowerApps Examples: Restaurant management system
- How to create calculator in PowerApps
- Fetch azure groups in PowerApps using PowerApps Azure AD Connectors
- PowerApps Combobox SharePoint List Example
- How to create a PowerApps Canvas app from Excel OneDrive for Business data source
- How to Play Microsoft stream Videos in Power Apps
- PowerApps notify function
- Create Login Page in PowerApps using SharePoint List
In this tutorial, we learned how to fetch rss feed in PowerApps and also we will discuss how to show RSS feed in PowerApps.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).