In this SharePoint Online tutorial, we will discuss how to enable ribbon control for the list in SharePoint Online office 365 site.
Unlike in SharePoint on-premise, SharePoint online has a different behavior (modern SharePoint experience) as soon as you create the list, it will show it as below.
Follow the below steps to enable ribbon control / make it a classic SharePoint view.
Click on the list setting as part of the site settings gear icon.
Click on “Advanced Setting” as part of the SharePoint list settings page under General Settings.
Look for the “List Experience” option as part of advanced settings.
Select “Classic experience” and click on OK.
As soon as you change the settings, you will the ribbon control for the list. In fact, you will get the same experience as SharePoint on-premise.
You may like the following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to remove SharePoint multiple lines of text html tags
- Site content and structure missing SharePoint Online
- How to create a custom master page in SharePoint using design manager
- Customize access denied page in SharePoint
- SharePoint cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding
- Create and use image mapping in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint change list URL
This is how to fix Ribbon control missing for list in SharePoint Online issue.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019