This SharePoint Online tutorial, we will discuss how to enable ribbon control for the list in SharePoint Online office 365 site.
SharePoint online list ribbon missing
Unlike in SharePoint on-premise, SharePoint online has a different behavior (modern SharePoint experience) as soon as you create the list, it will show it as below.
Follow the below steps to enable ribbon control / make it a classic SharePoint view.
Click on list setting as part of site settings gear icon.
Click on “Advanced Setting” as part of list settings.
Look for “List Experience” option as part of advanced settings.
Select “Classic experience” and click on OK.
As soon as you change the settings, you will the ribbon control for the list. In fact, you will get the same experience as SharePoint on-premise.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Add custom action button in List ribbon using SharePoint designer 2013
- How to remove UserCustomActions from Ribbon in SharePoint online list using csom?
- SharePoint 2013 How to Enable or Disable Delete Icon in Ribbon On List Item Selection
- SharePoint 2013 Hide or Show Delete Icon In Ribbon On List Item Selection using jQuery
- Create custom ribbon button in list or document library using SharePoint designer 2013 in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Show Ribbon for ListViewWebPart on Page SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Make Title field read-only in SharePoint list edit form using JSLink
- Create and set a modern page as homepage in SharePoint Online
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.