In this post, we will discuss how to reset SharePoint farm Passphrase password using Powershell. SharePoint allows us to set passphrase at the time of installation. The passphrase is used to secure farm communications and will have to be provided by any additional servers joining the farm.
If you forget that password then you can reset or change the passphrase. There is no option you can retrieve the passphrase.
But you should choose a reasonably strong passphrase and document it in a safe place.
1. Login to the Sharepoint server with your Farm Account(should have permission to Sharepoint Config DB). Start > All Programs > Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products > SharePoint 2010 Management Shell and make sure you Run As Administrator.
Then enter the below thing in PowerShell prompt:
$passphrase = ConvertTo-SecureString -asPlainText –Force
2. Then enter the new Passphrase and hit enter.
3. Then enter the below in the command prompt.
Set-SPPassPhrase -PassPhrase $passphrase -Confirm
4. You will be asked to confirm the passphrase by re-entering it. Re-enter the passphrase and hit Enter
5. Issue the following command and follow the onscreen instructions (essentially, it will ask you to confirm the passphrase and press ‘Y’
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- Powershell script to copy column items for one column to another column within the list
- PowerShell commands for scheduling user profile timer job
- Configure Managed Paths in SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint 2016 Open HTML File in Browser Instead of Promoting to Download
Now your passphrase should be reset.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: