In this post we will discuss how we can remove unwanted html tags from SharePoint. In real time, we see unwanted HTML tags in SharePoint Web pages. These get displayed when we open a SharePoint view item or in form display lookup values with special character.
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials below:
- Steps to add html Master Page to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online using Design Manager
- Steps to add items from csv file to SharePoint Online List using PowerShell in CSOM
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
<a onlink=”OpenpopupPage…..> Value </a> while opening the view of an item in the SharePoint, where the items are from look up list.
If you see the form and the items displayed as above, add disable-output-escaping=”yes” as below using SharePoint designer.
After adding this property in xsl tag, the view item will be :
In General XSL
<xsl:value-of select=”expression” disable-output-escaping=”yes|no” />
XSLT <xsl:value-of> Element: which extracts the value of a selected node and can be used to select the value of an XML element & add it to the output.
1. select=”expression” :
– This is required.
– An XPath expression that specifies which node/attribute to extract the value from. It works like navigating a file system where a forward slash (/) selects subdirectories.
– Optional. Default is “no”.
– “yes” indicates that special characters (like “<“) should be output as is.
– “no” indicates that special characters (like “<“) should be output as “<”.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: