In this post we will discuss how we can remove unwanted html tags from SharePoint. In real time, we see unwanted HTML tags in SharePoint Web pages. These get displayed when we open a SharePoint view item or in form display lookup values with special character.
New to Office 365 SharePoint Online? Get Office 365 Enterprise E3 Subscription & Try out all the features
Read some SharePoint 2013 tutorials below:
- Steps to add html Master Page to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online using Design Manager
- Steps to add items from csv file to SharePoint Online List using PowerShell in CSOM
- SharePoint Server 2016 Installation FREE PDF guide
<a onlink=”OpenpopupPage…..> Value </a> while opening the view of an item in the SharePoint, where the items are from look up list.
If you see the form and the items displayed as above, add disable-output-escaping=”yes” as below using SharePoint designer.
After adding this property in xsl tag, the view item will be :
In General XSL
<xsl:value-of select=”expression” disable-output-escaping=”yes|no” />
XSLT <xsl:value-of> Element: which extracts the value of a selected node and can be used to select the value of an XML element & add it to the output.
1. select=”expression” :
– This is required.
– An XPath expression that specifies which node/attribute to extract the value from. It works like navigating a file system where a forward slash (/) selects subdirectories.
– Optional. Default is “no”.
– “yes” indicates that special characters (like “<“) should be output as is.
– “no” indicates that special characters (like “<“) should be output as “<”.
FREE SHAREPOINT 2019 PDF
(Installation & Features)