This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to remove the duplicate web part from a SharePoint 2013/2016/Online web part page.
Recently we were working on a migration project from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013. We use the first database upgrade approach, from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2010 and from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
In the SharePoint migration process, we use a 3rd party tool to migrate the delta data using the tool in SharePoint. Then we notice that for some pages the tool keep on adding duplicate web parts to those pages.
Remove duplicate web parts from SharePoint web part page
You can follow the below approach to remove the duplicate web parts from a SharePoint page.
Open your SharePoint 2013/2016/Online page which will be like this.
Then at the end of the URL add ?contents=1, so your page URL should look like below:
This will display the web part maintenance page, you will be able to see the web parts presented in the page, type of web parts and what are the web parts presented (Open) in the page.
It should look like below:
Now whichever web part you want to delete, select the web part and then click on the Delete button as shown in the fig below.
Then click on OK, and you will not be able to see that web part in the SharePoint web part page.
You may like following SharePoint web part tutorials:
- Site Feed web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- RSS Viewer Web Part in SharePoint
- Create custom announcement web part using Rest API in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- SharePoint Online calendar web part
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint online page viewer web part
- How to add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint 2013?
- Promoted links web part in SharePoint online
- Enable Chart Web Part in SharePoint 2013/2016 and SharePoint Online
- Add jQuery in a visual web part in SharePoint 2010
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 jslink list view examples: Add header and footer to list view web part using JSLink in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Hope this SharePoint tutorial explains, how to remove duplicate web parts from the web part page in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)