This SharePoint workflow tutorial explains, how to resolve “register-spworkflowservice the underlying connection was closed” which comes while configuring the workflow manager in SharePoint 2013.
The error comes when I run the Register-SPWorkflowService command in SharePoint 2013 management shell.
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite “http://win-pfcp2dgt8di/sites/EnjoySharePoint/” -WorkflowHostUri “http://WIN-PFCP2DGT8DI.enjoysharepoint.org:12290” -AllowOAuthHttp
The error comes like below:
Solution: register-spworkflowservice the underlying connection was closed
The problem was with the port number, I was giving here 12290. When I changed to 12291 it works for me.
For https, the port was set to 12290 and for http the port was set to 12291.
My site is configured to http. So I changed the command like below:
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite “http://win-pfcp2dgt8di/sites/EnjoySharePoint/” -WorkflowHostUri “http://WIN-PFCP2DGT8DI.enjoysharepoint.org:12291” -AllowOAuthHttp
If you want to check you open your IIS (Internet Information Services), Manager. Then select the Workflow Management Site from the site and you will be able to see your protocols in the Browse Website section like below:
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- Impersonation step missing in SharePoint 2013 Workflow
- SharePoint designer workflow examples Create workflow using SharePoint designer 2013 video tutorial
- How to send email in visual studio 2015 workflow in SharePoint hosted add-in in SharePoint online?
- Packaging and Deploying in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow App Permissions
- the request message is too big. the server does not allow messages larger than 2097152 bytes SharePoint online
- SharePoint designer 2013 Workflow: Assign task to a group using Assign a task workflow action
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
Hope this will be helpful to resolve register-spworkflowservice the underlying connection was closed error which comes while configuring workflow manager in SharePoint 2013.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Tutorials: