Recently while trying to configure workflow manager for SharePoint 2016 I got the below error which says:
Register-SPWorkflowService: Failed to query the OAuth S2S metadata endpoint at URI “http://SiteCollectionURL”.
Error Details: The metadata endpoint responded with an error. HTTP status code: Forbidden…..
Actually, the error came when I try to register the workflow service to the site collection by using the below PowerShell command:
Register-SPWorkflowService -SPSite “http://SiteCollectionURL” -WorkflowHostUri “http://localhost:12291” -AllowOAuthHttp -Force
The error looks like below:
Register SPWorkflowService Failed to query the OAuth S2S metadata endpoint at URI
I checked in the HOST file where I found that one extra entry like below presented for some reason:
You can find the HOST file in the below etc folder:
Once I remove the entry and then I rerun the PowerShell command the error did not come and it successfully registered.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint 2016 Error New-SPConfigurationDatabase some or all identity references could not be translated Supply values for parameter Credential
- Install and Configure Workflow Manager for SharePoint 2016 in Windows Server 2012 R2 Step by Step tutorial
- Sorry something went wrong while adding three-state workflow in SharePoint Online
- Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow into Production in SharePoint Online/2013
- An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. The format of the URI could not be determined
- An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentException AssignedTo
- The type or namespace WorkflowServicesManager could not be found an error in csom SharePoint online
- The field field name of type taxonomyfieldtype cannot be used in the query filter expression in SharePoint online visual studio 2015 workflow
- Cannot cast LValue expression to type Microsoft.Activities.DynamicValue error in visual studio 2015 workflow
- SharePoint online visual studio workflow issue The ExpressionTranslationBuildTask task failed unexpectedly
- Sorry you do not have access to this page while clicking on SharePoint custom workflow visual studio 2015
Hope this will be helpful to resolve the issue Register SPWorkflowService Failed to query the OAuth S2S metadata endpoint at URI error while configuring workflow manager in SharePoint 2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.