In this SharePoint tutorial, I would like to discuss one of the SharePoint solution deployment issue using visual studio 2015/2017. The error comes as Error occurred in deployment step ‘recycle iis application pool’: the local SharePoint server is not available. Check that the server is running and connected to the SharePoint farm.
As part of my daily development, I was trying to deploy my SharePoint FARM solution using Visual Studio. While deploying the solution I got the error as “Error occurred in deployment step ‘recycle IIS application pool’: the local SharePoint server is not available. Check that the server is running and connected to the SharePoint farm”.
When I investigate further on this issue, I realized that the web application is not running in IIS. As part windows server OS regular updates IT team rebooted the server but some of the web applications were not started.
Follow the below steps to fix this issue:
- Open the IIS (Internet Information Services) (Click on Windows + R -> inetmgr)
- Identify the particular SharePoint web application
- Right-click on the SharePoint web application and start it
This resolved my issue and I was able to deploy the solution seamlessly.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- How to do an IISReset in all the servers in a SharePoint Farm?
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Error occurred in deployment step Recycle IIS Application Pool SharePoint
- Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator in SharePoint 2016
This SharePoint tutorial we learned, how to solve Recycle IIS Application pool: The local SharePoint server is not available.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019