In this article, I would like to discuss one of the SharePoint solution deployment issue using visual studio 2015/2017. The error comes as Error occurred in deployment step ‘recycle iis application pool’: the local SharePoint server is not available. Check that the server is running and connected to the SharePoint farm.
As part of my daily development, I was trying to deploy my SharePoint FARM solution using the Visual Studio. While deploying the solution I got the error as “Error occurred in deployment step ‘recycle IIS application pool’: the local SharePoint server is not available. Check that the server is running and connected to the SharePoint farm”
Solution: Recycle IIS Application pool: The local SharePoint server is not available
When I investigate further on this issue, I realized that the web application is not running in IIS. As part windows server OS regular updates IT team rebooted the server but some of the web applications were not started.
Follow the below steps to fix this issue:
- Open the IIS (Internet Information Services) (Click on Windows + R -> inetmgr)
- Identify the particular SharePoint web application
- Right-click on the SharePoint web application and start it
This resolved my issue and I was able to deploy the solution seamlessly. The error Recycle IIS Application pool: The local SharePoint server is not available will not come.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 tutorials:
- How to do an IISReset in all the servers in a SharePoint Farm?
- The tool was unable to install application server role, web server (IIS) role error in SharePoint 2013
- Error occurred in deployment step Recycle IIS Application Pool in SharePoint 2010
- Error Occurred in Deployment Step Recycle IIS Application Pool error in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013 farm solution stuck retracting
- Error occurred in deployment step Recycle IIS Application Pool. Cannot connect to the SharePoint Site Make sure that this is a valid URL and the SharePoint site is running on the local computer
- Cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding. Please contact your administrator in SharePoint 2016
Hope this helps, happy development in SharePoint !!!
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)