In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss the recycle bin in SharePoint Online. Also, we will see what are the items we can remove from the SharePoint Online recycle bin.
What is Recycle bin in SharePoint Online?
SharePoint Recycle bin is a location where we can get our deleted record. When we doing any delete operation on the SharePoint site, the deleted data will be saved in the recycle bin and we can again recover it if it needed.
In SharePoint Online, items are retained for 93 days from the time you delete them from their original location.
They stay in the site Recycle Bin the entire time unless someone deletes them from there or empties that Recycle Bin.
When Item deleted from the 1st Recycle bin, it goes into 2nd storage recycle bin in SharePoint Online. And it stays there up to 14 days from the time you deleted it.
Login to the SharePoint Online site -> Site Settings -> Under Site Collection Administrator -> Recycle Bin.
Once you open the recycle bin, there is a second-stage recycle bin to delete the item.
What Items we can recover from SharePoint Recycle Bin
- Deleted List Items
- Deleted Document Libraries
- Deleted Site Pages
- Deleted File and folder
- Deleted solutions
- Deleted Events and News
Note: Each SharePoint site has its own Recycle Bin.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Add Recycle Bin link in quick launch in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- A different version of this App is already installed with the same version number
- Disable Sync button in SharePoint Online/2013/2016 document libraries
- Delete and restore SharePoint site or subsite using Browser and PowerShell
- Document deletion policy in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Useful SharePoint URLs for SharePoint Developers
- How to hide Notebook and Site contents from quick launch in SharePoint Online
- Delete and Restore Site Collection using PowerShell in SharePoint Online Office 365
- How to remove unique permissions SharePoint Online
- How to change site collection URL in SharePoint Online + PowerShell
- Export SharePoint groups to excel
In this tutorial, we found out Where you can find the Recycle bin in SharePoint online. And also we discussed what are the items we can recover the SharePoint Online recycle bin.
Rajkiran is currently working as a SharePoint Consultant in India . Rajkiran having 7+ years of experience in Microsoft Technologies such as SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/2010, MOSS 2007,WSS 3.0, Migration, Asp.Net, C#.Net, Sql Server, Ajax, jQuery etc.He is C#Corner MVP (2 Times).
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.