It has always been a very common problem among the users when they install Windows after LINUX, The master boot records from the memory are Lost and they are written for windows only systems, So here is the way to write Master boot records or rather installing grub again so that LINUX gets back to work.
1. Boot the Desktop/Live CD.
2. Open a terminal (Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal)
3. Start grub as root with the following command:
* sudo grub
4. You will get a grub prompt (see below) which we will use to find the root partition and install grub to the MBR (hd0,0)
* [ Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For
the first word, TAB lists possible command
completions. Anywhere else TAB lists the possible
completions of a device/filename. ]
Type the following and press enter:
Using this information, set the root device:
grub> root (hd0,1)
grub> setup (hd0)
5. Reboot (to hard drive). Grub should be installed and both Ubuntu and Windows should have been automatically detected.
6. If, after installing grub, Windows will not boot you may need to edit /boot/grub/menu.lst (That is a small “L” and not the number 1 in menu.lst)
* Open a terminal and enter :
gksu gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
Or, in Kubuntu:
kdesu kate /boot/grub/menu.lst
Your Windows stanza should look something like this: Tiitle Windows XP/Vista # You can use any title you wish, this will appear on your grub boot menu
rootnoverify (hd0,0) #(hd0,0) will be most common, you may need to adjust accordingly
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: