Publish InfoPath Form to SharePoint Online Office 365 Step by Step Tutorial
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This InfoPath SharePoint tutorial explains how we can publish InfoPath form to SharePoint online to Office 365. We can use InfoPath designer 2013 for creating and deploying InfoPath forms to SharePoint Online.
Here I have download InfoPath 2013 and install for SharePoint 2013/2016/Online. If you have a question at this point of time whether InfoPath is supported or not, the answer to it is, Yes InfoPath is supported in SharePoint Online as well as SharePoint 2016 also. Microsoft is not investing much into InfoPath but still, it is supported in all SharePoint versions.
Here we will see how we can design a simple InfoPath form using InfoPath Designer 2013 and then we will see how we can deploy the InfoPath form to a form library in SharePoint Online site.
Publish InfoPath form to SharePoint online
Here we will see how we can first design a form using InfoPath designer 2013 and then we will see how we can publish the InfoPath form to SharePoint Online.
Open InfoPath Designer 2013, Then from the New section choose a Blank Form and then click on Design Form as shown in the fig below:
Then you can drag and drop controls from the controls tab and design a simple form. Here I have user few single like of textbox and Option button. After designing the form, my form looks like below:
Now Once the form design is completed, we will start publishing the form to a SharePoint Online form library. Click on File -> Publish and then choose SharePoint Server like below:
Then in the publishing wizard, give your SharePoint online URL like below:
Then give the username who will have access to the site.
It will validate the user and then it will ask for User ID and Password. Then click on Sign in.
Then click on the check box “Enable this form to be filled out by using a browser“. And then choose Form Library.
Here we will Create a new form library option like below:
Give a Name and a Description for the form library like below in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Then add the columns which you want to appear in the view in SharePoint Online.
Then finally click on Publish. It will Publish the infopath form to the form library which we have created newly.
Then visit the form library click on Add new, you will be able to see the InfoPath form.
You may like following InfoPath SharePoint tutorials below:
- How to publish an InfoPath form to an email in SharePoint 2013?
- Deploy Administration approved InfoPath forms in SharePoint 2013
- How to publish InfoPath forms as a content type in SharePoint 2013?
- SharePoint 2013 InfoPath 2013 Tab order issue in a form
- Print issue with SharePoint 2013 InfoPath form
- SharePoint 2013 Calculate business day from InfoPath date picker or Get Day from a selected date in Date picker in InfoPath 2013
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- InfoPath 2013 show hide section using Rules in SharePoint online
- Limit attachment size in InfoPath 2013 SharePoint online
- InfoPath 2013 multiple attachments
Hope this will be helpful to publish InfoPath form to SharePoint online Office 365.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)