This SharePoint 2013 tutorial explains, Promoted search results in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online When you add a promoted result, which was called Best Bets in SharePoint 2010, you show this result above the ranked results. For example, for the query “suggestion”, you can add a link to a suggested site above all ranked results.
This is an easier way to save users from the frustration of paginating through search results. In this article, I will explain step-by-step how to create promoted results in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Navigate to Manage Query Rules under Search Tab.
Select Local SharePoint Results as shown below.
Click on New Query rule and provide the following Information.
i) Rule Name
ii) Query Matches Keyword – It should be the word for which you are promoting the search results.
After entering Query rules, click on Add Promoted results
Enter the following information in the Add promoted result page.
a.Title – Title of the promoted result.
b. URL – URL of the promoted result.
c. Description. –
Go to the Search Centre and type the word “suggestion”
Here you go!!
The suggestion appears right at the top with the ticked mark symbol. Irrespective of the search results, promoted results appears fast.
You may like following SharePoint 2013 search tutorials:
- Create custom search result page and add custom search result page to SharePoint Online Search Center
- Create SharePoint 2013 Online Search Result Sources and attach to Search Result page
- Search Items based in ID column in SharePoint 2013 SmallInputSearchBox
- SharePoint 2013 Enable and Configure search alerts
- [Fixed] SharePoint 2013/2016/Online: Find an Item List search box does not return results
- How to force a list or document library to crawl in SharePoint 2013 search?
- Show hide Search box in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online list or document library
- Search Engine Optimization in SharePoint 2013
- Search People as a Search Scope or Content Source Using SharePoint 2013 REST API
Hope this article will be helpful to learn about promoted search results in SharePoint 2013.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)