This tutorial, we will discuss Project Server 2016 deployment. What are the hardware and software requirements for project server 2016 deployment?
Hardware and software requirements for Project Server 2016
Since Project Server 2016 is now a service application in SharePoint Server 2016, the hardware, software, and browser requirements for Project Server 2016 will be the ones specified for SharePoint Server 2016. Some notable requirements for this version are:
|Server Operating System:||Windows Server 2012 R2|
|Database Server:||SQL Server 2014SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services must also be installed if you are using the Cube Building Service in Project Server 2016.|
|Supported browsers:||Microsoft Edge|
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
Microsoft Internet Explorer 10
Google Chrome (latest released version)
Mozilla Firefox (latest released version plus immediate previous version)
Apple Safari (latest released version)
Project client compatibility:
You can connect to Project Server 2016 with not only the Project Professional 2016 client and Project Pro in Office 365, but also with Project Professional 2013.
|Project Server 2016||Project Professional 2016|
Project for Office 365
Project Professional 2013
|Project Server 2013||Project Professional 2016|
Project for Office 365
Project Professional 2013
|Project Server 2010||Project Server 2010|
Project Professional 2007 with Service Pack 2
Project Professional 2007 with Service Pack 2 can only connect if Backwards Compatibility is enabled on Project Server 2010
Project Server 2016 offers flexible solutions for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work, enabling you to effectively execute and achieve strategic priorities. It provides new modern techniques of resource management and scalability and performance improvements
Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Quickly start projects
- Strengthen everyday collaboration
- Prioritize project portfolio investments
- Make data-driven decisions
- Stay up-to-date on more devices
- Deliver with the intended business value
Review Microsoft Project Server 2016 system requirements
Register, then download and install full-featured software for a 180-day trial
Receive emails with resources to guide you through your evaluation
Below is the project server product key that is required to complete the installation.
Configure Project Server 2016
Note: Before configuration project server we need to assign project server 2016 key, below are the steps to follow the same.
Project Server site creation requires a Project Server key.
When you create a Project Server site on SharePoint Server 2016 Beta 2, you need a Project Server 180-day trial key. If you attempt to enable the Project site, the following error appears: “The farm does not have a product key for Project Server. You can add your key by using Enable-ProjectServerLicense.
Use the following 180-day trial key for Project Server: Y2WC2-K7NFX-KWCVC-T4Q8P-4RG9W
Open SharePoint 2016 management shell with admin rights
Run below command and assign key
Configure Project Server 2016 Technical Preview Beta 2
Download Power Shell Script from below Link and edit this script.
Open SharePoint Management shell runs as Administrator and run updated Script, like below:
SharePoint 2016 Project Server 2016
Wait till Script running.
Once this will run successful Root site and PWA site will get automatic open.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition sql server event id 2004
- Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object
- Unable to load custom data source provider type:Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider
- The Open Procedure for service BITS in DLL failed
- The SharePoint Health Analyzer detected an error. PowerPivot:MidTier process account should have Full Read permission on all associated SPWebApplications
- Bulk Export SharePoint Files using PowerShell
- The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.SharePoint.Diagnostics.SPDiagnosticsMetricsProvider threw an exception
- Event Error Distributed Cache AppFabric Cache
- SharePoint 2013 Event 6398 The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles. UserProfileImportJob threw an exception
- Volume Shadow Copy Service error:Unexpected error calling routine ConvertStringSidToSid. The security ID structure is invalid.
- Service Control Manager System Event Error 7011 A timeout 30000 milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the SessionEnv
This tutorial, we learned how to deploy Project Server 2016. Project Server 2016 deployment.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.