Prevent Site Content to appear in SharePoint 2013 search results
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Here we will discuss how we can prevent a particular site content to come in the search result in SharePoint 2013. Recently we got a requirement where they do not want a particular site’s content to appear in Search result. We will discuss how to prevent list or document library content to appear in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
It is very simple to prevent the site to appear in the search result. You should be a site owner to do these changes.
Remember If you prevent the content of a site from appearing in search results, the content of all subsites is also blocked from appearing in search results.
Prevent list items or documents to appear in SharePoint 2013 search result
Open your SharePoint 2013 site or subsite. Click on the Settings icon then Site Settings. In the Site Settings page click on Search and offline availability under Search section.
Then in the next page, select “No” under “Allow this site to appear in Search results,” in “Indexing Site Content”.
It’s done. Your site content will not appear in the Search Results.
You may like following SharePoint search tutorial:
- Documents are not showing up in Search Results in SharePoint 2013
- Steps to create a search center site in SharePoint online using .Net client object model code
- Create a result source and use custom result source in content search web part in SharePoint online Office 365
- Bind SharePoint list data using jQuery datatable using content search web part CSWP in SharePoint server 2013
- JQuery Tabs using content search web part in SharePoint 2013
- How to customize search results look by using result types and display templates in SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2016/2013?
- SharePoint 2016 usage analytics
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365? How to create and access SharePoint mailbox in Office 365?
Hope this will be helpful to prevent site content to appear in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online search results.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.