This PowerShell SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to use out gridview in PowerShell cmdlets in SharePoint 2013/2016. The Out-GridView cmdlet sends the output from a command to a grid view window where the output is displayed in an interactive table.
When I try to get all the service applications associated in a FARM using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013, I am not able to read the output as it is beyond the size of the window.
PowerShell Command to list all the service application details in a FARM:
PowerShell out gridview in SharePoint
In PowerShell, we have an option to redirect the output to GridView using ” | gridview” as shown below:
Get-SPServiceApplication | Out-GridView
Advantages of out gridview in PowerShell
- When we use GridView it will redirect the output to GridView which is very easy to read through the output
- You can add the filters on the output data
- You can sort the data then and there
- Easily add new criteria on the output data
You may like following SharePoint PowerShell tutorials:
- 3 Different ways to Change Site Collection URL in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- Getting Started with PnP PowerShell – SharePoint 2013/2016/SharePoint Online
- Extend web application in SharePoint 2013 (using PowerShell and Central Administration)
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Debugging PowerShell Script with Visual Studio Code
- Excel at SharePoint Online Management Shell
- PowerShell Script to deploy WSP Solution in SharePoint 2013
- Change content type recursively using PowerShell SharePoint 2013
- Show hidden features in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Create Subsite using PowerShell in SharePoint Online
- Get all users and groups in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
This SharePoint PowerShell, we saw how to use PowerShell out gridview parameter in SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Krishna.Vandanapu a SharePoint architect working in IT from last 13+ years, I worked in SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and Office 365. I have extensive hands on experience in customizing SharePoint sites from end to end. Expertise in SharePoint migration tools like Sharegate, Doc Ave and Metalogix. Migrated SharePoint sites from SharePoint 2007 to 2010 and 2010 to 2013 several times seamlessly. Implementing CSOM with Microsoft best practices. Spent quality time in configuring SharePoint application services like User Profile, Search, Managed Meta data services etc. Now exploring SharePoint Framework and SharePoint 2019
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.