PowerShell out gridview in SharePoint 2013/2016
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This PowerShell SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to use out gridview in PowerShell cmdlets in SharePoint 2013/2016. The Out-GridView cmdlet sends the output from a command to a grid view window where the output is displayed in an interactive table.
When I try to get all the service applications associated in a FARM using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013, I am not able to read the output as it is beyond the size of the window.
PowerShell Command to list all the service application details in a FARM:
PowerShell out gridview in SharePoint
In PowerShell, we have an option to redirect the output to GridView using ” | gridview” as shown below:
Get-SPServiceApplication | Out-GridView
Advantages of out gridview in PowerShell
- When we use GridView it will redirect the output to GridView which is very easy to read through the output
- You can add the filters on the output data
- You can sort the data then and there
- Easily add new criteria on the output data
You may like following SharePoint PowerShell tutorials:
- 3 Different ways to Change Site Collection URL in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
- Getting Started with PnP PowerShell – SharePoint 2013/2016/SharePoint Online
- Extend web application in SharePoint 2013 (using PowerShell and Central Administration)
- Delete Hidden Web Application in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Update User Email ID using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013/2016
- Debugging PowerShell Script with Visual Studio Code
- Excel at SharePoint Online Management Shell
- PowerShell Script to deploy WSP Solution in SharePoint 2013
- Change content type recursively using PowerShell SharePoint 2013
- Show hidden features in SharePoint 2013 using PowerShell
- Create Subsite using PowerShell in SharePoint Online
- Get all users and groups in SharePoint 2013/2016 using PowerShell
This SharePoint PowerShell, we saw how to use PowerShell out gridview parameter in SharePoint 2013/2016.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.