As part of configuring PowerPivot Service application we need to run “spPowerPivot.msi” to connect with Secure Store Service and PowerPivot service application. I got the below error as highlighted in the below screen shot. The error says: unable to obtain the application proxy for the context.
We need to ensure the below 2 to fix this issue:
– BDC and Secure Store service Applications are included / configured in case you are configuring the Power Pivot at FARM level if not ensure that those 2 application services are configured at desired web application level.
– Ensure that “SharePoint Web Services Root” Application Pool is running in IIS in application server.
Steps to ensure the above 2 checks
1. Open the central administration
2. Application management
3. Service Applications
4. Configure service application associations
5. Check the web application(s)
6. Make sure the BDC and secure store service applications check boxes are marked
7. If they are not then please tick the check box and click OK
powerpivot for sharepoint 2013 download
After you do the necessary changes do an IISRESET and rerun the “spPowerPivot.msi” to complete the Power Pivot configuration.
Hope this helps !!!
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.