In this post we will discuss PowerPivot for SharePoint and how to activate PowerPivot Feature Integration for Site Collections in SharePoint.
PowerPivot for SharePoint:
PowerPivot for SharePoint 2010 provides server hosting of PowerPivot data in a SharePoint 2010 farm.
PowerPivot data is an analytical data model that you build in Excel using the PowerPivot for Excel add-in. Server hosting of that data requires SharePoint 2010, Excel Services, and an installation of PowerPivot for SharePoint.
Data is loaded on PowerPivot for SharePoint instances in the farm, where it can be refreshed at scheduled intervals using the PowerPivot data refresh capability that the server provides.
Activating PowerPivot feature integration for specific site collections is required if you used the Existing Farm installation option to install SQL Server PowerPivot for SharePoint.
Activate PowerPivot Feature through Central Administration:
First, go to Site Actions and then Site Settings:
In the Site Collection Administration section, click Site collection features.
The search for PowerPivot Integration Site Collection Feature.
And Click Activate in the right-hand side.
This will activate PowerPivot Feature Integration for Site Collections.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 error Request failed. One or more field types are not installed properly.
- Identify SharePoint 2013 Foundation or Server Version
- Show tree view navigation SharePoint 2013
- Minimal Download Strategy in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013: How to show User Presence on mouse hover
- HTML Field Security in SharePoint 2013
- Bind InfoPath 2010 Dropdown List With SharePoint 2010 List
- The SharePoint 2013 search Query APIs
- Use Summary Link Web Part as an Accordion in SharePoint Online 2013
- Page Navigation through the DropdownList in SharePoint List
- Difference between LoadQuery() and LoadDataQuery() in SharePoint 2010
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.