This SharePoint tutorial explains how to set permissions in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016 sites.
We will also discuss how we can edit permissions in SharePoint groups and also how we can check user permissions in SharePoint Online or in SharePoint 2013/2016/2019.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Step 1: Login to your SharePoint site -> Go to the Settings gear icon in the right side of the page -> Click on Site settings.
Step 2: Click on site permissions under user and permissions .
Step 3: When you click on site permissions, you will redirect to user.aspx page where you can find all groups along with SharePoint users.
Step 4: If you want to add any users in a group then open any of the group and add the user as below screenshot. Next click on Share button so that the newly added user will receive an email confirmation.
Step 1: Select the SharePoint group which you want to modify, then click on Edit user permissions on top of the button.
Step 2: Next check the required permissions and click on OK to confirm.
Step 1: We can easily check user permissions in SharePoint sites. Click on Check permissions in top of the link.
Step 2: Next enter your User Name or any other user name to find the user in which group.
Step 3: Next it will show the details groups name where the same user is present.
You may like following SharePoint permissions tutorials:
- Change site collection title, description, logo, and site collection administrator in SharePoint
- Site Permissions to people into the SharePoint site
- Contribute with no edit page permissions SharePoint 2013
- Give Unique Permissions to list or document library in SharePoint 2013
- Hide link left navigation in SharePoint 2013 on permissions basis using JQuery
- Site permissions not working after migrating from moss 2007 to SharePoint 2013
- Get user permissions for a site using CSOM in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2013 Scope Requesting And Granting App Permissions
- SharePoint 2013 Workflow App Permissions
This is all about the Permissions in SharePoint Online and 2013/2016/2019.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)