Here we will discuss Page Viewer Web Part SharePoint. The page viewer web part is the same for SharePoint online, SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2010.
Page Viewer Web Part in SharePoint
SharePoint Page Viewer Web Part is an out of box web part provided by Microsoft. By using this web part you can show a web page, file or a folder in a SharePoint Page. But you can use the page viewer web part only in a browser that supports the HTML IFRAME element.
And you can display a file or a folder in Internet Explorer. The Page Viewer Web Part displays content asynchronously from the rest of the page.
To add page viewer web part in a page, Open SharePoint site and then Edit the page and then click on Add a Web Part. Then from the Web Part categories Select Media and Content. From the Media and Content Web Part categories select Page Viewer web part. Then click on Add.
Once you will add the web part now you can configure the web part by clicking on open the tool pane link on the web part. Once you will click on open the tool pane link, the Page Viewer properties dialog will open. From the first section, you can choose from a radio button list what you want to display like Web Page, Folder or File. Suppose you will select the Web Page than in the Textbox put the URL of the webpage as shown in the figure below.
Now the Web Page will appear inside the Page Viewer web part. You can also set all the other properties for the web part like here I have changed for width and height. The page looks like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to Clear Your SharePoint Designer 2013/2010 Cache?
- Create a custom list and view in SharePoint designer 2013
- Create a Leave Request Approval Workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013
- The server could not complete your request SharePoint designer 2013
- Add custom action button in List ribbon using SharePoint designer 2013
- RSS Viewer Web Part in SharePoint
- Site Feed web part in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint Online page viewer web part
- Add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint 2013/2016
This SharePoint tutorial explains, how to use page viewer web part in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.