Package and Deploy workflow in SharePoint 2013 designer
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this post, we will discuss how to package and deploy workflow in SharePoint 2013 designer. Here we will discuss how to package and deploy workflow in SharePoint 2013 designer. We will see how to move SharePoint designer workflow from development to production and how to deploy SharePoint designer workflow into production.
Now it is a bit easy to package and deploy SharePoint 2013 designer workflow. In SharePoint 2013 you can package a workflow by saving it as a template. Not all the workflows but List Workflow, Site Workflow and Reusable Workflows we can save as a template.
Package SharePoint Designer Workflow
Open your workflow, from the Workflow Settings tab in the ribbon, click the Save as Template button in the Manage section.
This by default saves the template (.wsp) to the Site Assets library.
Then we can use the template in different sites.
Deploy SharePoint Designer Workflow
The workflow package can be deployed to a site in different farm or a site on the same farm. But we need to be sure of the two things below:
1- All workflow dependencies such as lists, libraries, columns, and content types must already exist on the new site.
2- Each dependency must have the exact name of the source dependency.
Before deploying the workflow we need to export the wsp file from the Site Assets library.
Open the SharePoint 2013 designer and then navigate to the Site Assets library where the template is located. Select the workflow template and Click the Export File button to save the template file to your local computer.
Then Open the SharePoint 2013 site which you want to deploy the workflow. Then Click Site Actions and select Site Settings. And then in the Web Design Galleries section click Solutions.
Then Click the Upload Solution button to upload the solution
One of the solution uploaded successfully, Activate the solution by clicking the Activate button.
After a workflow solution has been activated for a site collection, it is available as a feature for all sub-sites.
You may like following SharePoint workflow tutorials:
- SharePoint 2013 designer workflow changes not updating
- How to cancel all workflows having Suspended state in SharePoint 2013?
- How to find Workflow History in SharePoint 2013?
- Set People Picker field to empty or blank in SharePoint designer workflow
- Set Text field to empty or blank in SharePoint 2013 designer workflow
- SharePoint Designer 2010 Workflow Email Link To Edit Item or Display Item
- SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflow: Create List Item Action with Example
- Change Item Level Permission using SharePoint designer workflow
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
Hope this SharePoint 2013 workflow tutorial explains how to Package and Deploy workflow in SharePoint 2013 designer.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)