This InfoPath SharePoint tutorial explains, how to open an InfoPath form from a link in SharePoint 2013 and 2010. Here we will add a link in the quick launch and on click on that link we will open the InfoPath form.
First, create a new Infopath form by using a Blank Form template and then publish to a form library in the SharePoint server. Now open the form library (where we published the InfoPath form) in the browser and click on Add document.
It will open a new InfoPath form, here copy the URL from the browser’s address bar and paste it in notepad. Here remove everything it contains in the &Source= (also remove &Source=) but keep the SaveLocation and DefaultItemOpen query string parameters as it is. Now we have the URL ready we need to use it in the link.
If the above is not working then try to give the URL Like below:
Next we will add a link in the Quick Launch, Go to Site Settings page under Look and Feel, click Quick launch in your SharePoint site.
On the Quick Launch page, click New Navigation Link.
On the New Navigation Link Paste the modified URL in the “Type the Web address” and Type a name in the “Type the description”.
Now whenever you click on that link, the infopath form will open.
You may like following InfoPath SharePoint tutorial:
- Change different view in InfoPath based on certain condition
- Add an auto number to repeating table rows in InfoPath 2013 or InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint
- Show SharePoint list data in repeating table in InfoPath 2010
- Show SharePoint list data in repeating table in InfoPath 2010 using SharePoint object model
- Delete all rows of a repeating table in InfoPath 2010 programmatically
- InfoPath 2010-difference between Main and secondary data sources
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
Hope this will be helpful to Open InfoPath form from a link in SharePoint 2013.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site SPGuides.com
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.