This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how to solve Only secure content is displayed error in SharePoint. The error comes while using Page viewer web part in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2013/2016.
Recently I was using page viewer web part in SharePoint Online site. I was displaying a URL inside the page viewer web part in a web part page. But in IE it was showing error as:
Only secure content is displayed. And once I click on Show all content. Then only it will show the content from the page viewer web part.
Only secure content is displayed sharepoint
Here below are two ways I resolved the issue “Only secure content is displayed”.
Inside my SharePoint Online page viewer web part, I was trying to show https://www.enjoysharepoint.com URL.
Since SharePoint Online site is an https site and this one is an HTTP site. It was showing that warning message. The page viewer web part URL was like below:
When I change the URL to an “https” URL. It started showing the page without the warning message.
The other option is we can disable the warning message in the browser itself. Open Internet Explorer -> On the Tool menu, click Internet Options -> Click the Security tab and then click Custom level -> In the Settings box, scroll down to the Miscellaneous section, and under Display mixed content choose Enable.
It looks like below:
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to Embed Facebook Page into SharePoint Online Modern Site Page
- Change welcome page in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- SharePoint Online: Cannot create a site page. please have your administrator enable the required feature on this site
- Creating modern pages and make it as home page in SharePoint Online
- Creating a site page for enabling Modern UI experience in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to add closed web parts on a page in SharePoint 2013?
- SharePoint 2013 Redirect user to custom PageNotFoundError page
- Customize access denied page in SharePoint 2013
- Create a custom master page using Design Manager in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
This SharePoint tutorial we learned how to solve Only secure content is displayed error which comes in SharePoint Online page viewer web part.
Bhawana Rathore is a Microsoft MVP (3 times in Office Apps & Services) and a passionate SharePoint Consultant, having around 10 years of IT experience in the industry, as well as in .Net technologies. She likes to share her technical expertise in EnjoySharePoint.com and SPGuides.com