Recently we are working in a MOSS 2007 to SharePoint 2013 application, which we were doing through database upgrade approach. When we open a particular SharePoint 2013 site collection, we got an error which says:
One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to List settings page to delete these fields.
The error also we got when we visit to the site settings page and try to change the Master Page from the Look and Feel section.
You may like to read:
– Set Site Logo in all Sub Sites under Site Collection using PowerShell in SharePoint 2013
– Hide master page elements in dialogs in SharePoint 2013
– App Step in SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow
After lot of googleing we found out that the problem was there with a hidden list know as “Relationships List”. We followed the below steps to resolve the issue.
– First we deactivated “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” from the site collection. Then we deactivated all the publishing features from all the sub sites. You can check out an article Enable SharePoint 2013 Server Publishing Feature using PowerShell.
– Then we deleted the “Relationships List” from the site. You can open the hidden list in the browser like below:
Then go to the List settings page and delete the list.
– Now go the Site collection and activate “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” again.
Now we are able to open the site collection as well as the sub site.
Hope this will be helpful.
Download FREE SharePoint 2019 Installation PDF Guide
This FREE PDF contains, Steps by step guide to install SharePoint 2019 Preview, prerequisites, hardware and software new features. First impression to SharePoint Server 2019 new modern site, modern lists and modern document libraries.