On-premises Data Gateway Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Flow
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this Microsoft Flow tutorial, We will discuss what is on- premises Data Gateway?, How we can install and configure this data gateway required for Microsoft Flow?
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
What is On-premises Data Gateway in Microsoft Flow?
While one or multiple Microsoft Flow Analysis Services Servers work in the same region connect to on-premises data sources, at that time the on-premises data gateway is required. This on-premise gateway works with various analysis services as like Power BI, Power Apps, Azure Logic Apps, Microsoft Flow etc. You can Sign in to multiple services in the same subscription and same region with a single gateway.
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Video Training Course (Lifetime Access)
If you are new to Microsoft Flow, then you may like the below links related to Microsoft Flow:
- What is Microsoft Flow [Step by Step Tutorial and Example in SharePoint Online Office 365]
- Microsoft Flow Example : Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Get daily weather reports delivered to your email and phone using Power Automate
Installation and Configuration of On-premise Data Gateway in Microsoft Flow
Prerequisites of On-premises Data gateway:
.NET 4.5 Framework
64-bit version of Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 (or later)
8 Core CPU
8 GB Memory
64-bit version of Windows 2012 R2 (or later)
Download and Install the Gateway
You can download the on-premises Data Gateway from the below link:
Once you downloaded the Gateway in your Local System, Open and Run the File.
After clicking on “Run” button, It will give a reminder before you install the On-premise data gateway. The reminder is: “Make sure to install the gateway on a comupter that is alway on” which you can see in the below screenshot. Click on “Next“.
Select a location where you want to install the data gateway, accept the terms, and then click on “Install“.
The below screenshot represents the installation of On-premises data gateway. Wait for some time to complete the installation process.
After a while, the installation will successful. Sign in your Office 365/Azure account where you
To create a data gateway resource in Office 365/Azure, you must register the local instance you installed with the Gateway Cloud Service. Select “Register a new gateway on this computer” option and click on “Next” as shown in below.
Enter a new data gateway name and Recovery key for your data gateway. By default, the gateway uses your subscription’s in the default region. If you want to choose a different region, select “Change Region”. Click on “Configure“.
Now, you can see in the below screenshot that, the On-premises data gateway is online and also ready to use. Just Close it.
You may like following Microsoft flow tutorials:
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy files from one SharePoint Online account or folder to another
- Microsoft Flow Examples: Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Microsoft Flow Send approval email when a new item is added in SharePoint Online Office 365
- Microsoft Flow: Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library
- Microsoft Flow Example Save tweets that include a s
pecifichashtag to a SharePoint list
- Microsoft flow Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library Configuration
- Microsoft flow parsing select and expand failed get manager v2
Hence in this Microsoft Flow tutorial, We discussed what the on-premises Data Gateway, the whole installation and configuration steps of on-premise data gateway in Microsoft Flow. Hope, this Microsoft Flow tutorial may help you.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.