Office 365 steps to Remove Former Employee License and User account
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
Here we will discuss how to Delete Remove Former Employee’s License on Office 365, this is a very important part of Office 365 Admin. If any of Employee has left your organization then we don’t need to pay for a License after they left. What basically we need to do is just we remove the license from the user before deleting the User account from Office 365. We have to an option of assigning the same license to another user and to continue with the same services.
Below are the steps to configure the same:
– Make sure you have admin rights, then sign in with your Office 365 global admin account.
– Now go to Office 365 Admin center and select users which you wish to remove or use the same subscription for other users.
– Now, select the name of the employee you want to delete and then select Edit next to Product License from user details Pop-up.
– Now click on edit for Go to Product licenses pane and slide the license indicator making to Off position
– Once done click on save button to save the same. Now we can check License availability will be from 25 to 24, now the same license we can assign to other users.
– We can continue following these methods of license removal until you do not hire other persons to work with your group.
Deleting Former Employee’s User Account on Office 365
– Make sure you have admin rights, then sign in with your Office 365 global admin account
– Now go to Office 365 Admin center and select users which you wish to remove after removing the license.
– Now click on Delete user option as above screenshots, it will take us Delete User page on the user properties. Here we need to click on Delete option.
Also, you can read SharePoint 2013 Administration tutorials:
– How to rename domain name in windows server 2016?
Also, we can see there is any other option for preventing access:
We can block the user from signing on.
Reset the user’s password
From this option, we can remove product License
There is a link called “Would you like to know more” about learning about Options for preventing user access to Office 365 & Best practices when removing users from your organization.
– Once click on delete it will take some time to delete the same user.
– Once user will be deleted we will get confirmation about user has been deleted.
– There is another method to delete the user from Office 365, we can click on more tab from the Active user page.
– On the user delete user page, we need to search username and select the username
bulk delete users office 365 PowerShell- It will ask for confirmation and delete the user account.
Hope this article will be helpful to remove former employee license and user account in Office 365.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.