I will be sharing a few my experiences with respect to Office 365 project development with custom UI branding.
Below are a few points:
- Always keep the data in the SharePoint list whichever will be displayed on the homepage like the announcement, news, events, picture highlights, etc. etc. It’s easy for the business user to manage the data in the backend list.
- Try to use out of the box web parts, out of the box list views as much as possible.
- If there is any custom branding we can use the Content Query Web Part and design the XSLT. This is a really quick way to display data with custom UI.
- We can also do some extend CSS changes with out of the box forms using CSS.
- If there could be some requirements where we can’t achieve the functionality using OOTB web parts. We can write client-side programming to achieve the requirement.
- Try to use Angular JS, form 7 Js framework which has already built-in function. This framework makes life easy.
This SharePoint tutorial, explains a few Office 365 development tips and tricks.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)