While developing Office 365 projects with custom branding, the question always comes where to start. Shall we develop a Sandbox solution or use ECMA scripting and many more options?
I will be sharing few my experience with respect to Office 365 project development with custom UI branding.
Below are few points:
– Always keep the data in SharePoint list whichever will be displayed in homepage like announcement, news, events, picture highlights etc. etc. It’s easy for the business user to manage the data in the backend list.
– Try to use out of the box web parts, out of the box list views as much as possible.
– If there is any custom branding we can use Content Query Web part and design the XSLT. This is a really quick way to display data with custom UI.
– We can also do some extend CSS changes with out of the box forms using CSS.
– If there could be some requirements where we can’t achieve the functionality using OOTB web parts. We can write client-side programming to achieve the requirement.
– Try to use Angular JS, form 7 Js framework which has already built-in function. This framework makes life easy.
Read some SharePoint 2013 workflow tutorials:
- Activate Workflows can use app permissions Feature programmatically using C#.Net .net managed object model code
- Step by step develop workflows using visual studio 2015 as an add-in and deploy to host web in SharePoint online?
- Project Site Creation Using Nintex Workflows 2013 based on an Enterprise Project Type
- Three State Workflow in SharePoint with Example
- SharePoint Online Create Workflow History List using PowerShell or using SharePoint Designer 2013
I hope this will be useful.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: