How to apply rules for checkbox in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
This Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint tutorial explain, how we can apply rules for the checkbox in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online. Here I have a checkbox in Nintex Forms, and when user check the checkbox, then a comment box will open. If the user unchecks the checkbox, then the multiline textbox will be hidden in the Nintex forms.
If you are just starting Nintex forms, kindly check Working with Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online.
In this particular example, I have customized a SharePoint Online list form using Nintex Forms for Office 365. To do this, Open SharePoint Online list and from Ribbon click on Nintex Forms like below:
This will open the Nintex forms designer and your Nintex form will open. Here I have taken a checkbox and based on checkbox checked or unchecked I am showing or hiding a section. So I have drag and drop a checkbox from General controls. Then double-click on the checkbox control to change few properties of the control. Here I have given a Name and Text as “Do you want to give a comment?” this will appear after the checkbox. So the properties will appear like below:
Then I drag and drop a Panel control to the form. Now Inside the panel control, I have drag and drop a single line of a textbox. Here the UI should look like below:
And the requirement is If the user checked the checkbox then the panel should appear and if a user unchecks the checkbox the panel should get hide. Here we will write the rule on the panel control. Just select the panel control and from Ribbon click on Add Rule button as shown in the fig below:
Then the Rule builder will open, give a name for the rule. Select the Rule Type as Formatting. The click on the fx icon to write the condition. This will open the Formula Builder. Here expand the Named Controls and select comment which is our checkbox name. The expand the Operators and choose != and write true. It should look like below:
And then in the Formatting section choose “Hide” checkbox. So as per the formula if the checked box is not true (not selected), then it will hide the control. Your rules should look like below:
Now to try out this Publish the form and then Open the form and then check/uncheck the checkbox you will be able to see the result.
You may like following Nintex forms for Office 365 tutorials:
- Steps to create column in Nintex forms designer in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to use Repeating Section in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to change Nintex Forms header banner in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- How to reset to out of box list forms from Nintex Forms customization in SharePoint Online
- How to implement mandatory field validation in Nintex forms in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Steps to show cascading dropdown in Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to implement validation rules by condition in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Add different layouts into Nintex forms in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to design multiple step forms using Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- How to set a default value for lookup column in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
Hope this will be helpful.
Download SharePoint Online Tutorial PDF FREE!
Get update on Webinars, video tutorials, training courses etc.