Working with Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
Check out Best Alternative to InfoPath -> Try Now
In this post, we will discuss Nintex forms for Office 365 as well as we will see a demo on how can we customize a SharePoint Online list using Nintex forms for Office 365. We will see here how we can add Nintex forms for Office 365 App or Add-in into a SharePoint site. Then we will see how we can customize SharePoint list using Nintex Forms
Nintex forms are very powerful for Office 365 SharePoint online sites. We can design very rich enhanced forms in the browser itself and also it provides drag-and-drop functionality for a SharePoint list or document library. Without any additional software, by using Nintex forms we can design rich and powerful forms in the browser itself in SharePoint Online.
SharePoint 2016 Tutorial Contents
Advantages of Nintex forms for Office 365
Here are the advantages of using Nintex forms for Office 365 in SharePoint Online.
- Nintex Forms allows you to design rich, engaging and powerful forms; all from within your browser. Access from anywhere without the need for additional software.
- Customize SharePoint list forms
- Browser-based forms designer, complete control over the look and feel of forms without any coding
- Drag and Drop interface to design form
- Quick Deploy, one click Publish
- Extended form functionality above SharePoint’s own forms
- Pixel-level positioning for form layouts
- Simple publishing of forms for multiple devices
- Additional rules and conditions built into your forms
- Effortless re-branding of forms
- Seamless integration with SharePoint’s data structures
- Built-in extensibility for advanced customization
- Design forms for any device, Supports for multiple devices like Smart Phone, Tablet, and Desktop etc.
Nintex provides a 30 days trial for Nintex forms, you can directly add Nintex forms for Office 365 from the SharePoint App store and can use all the features.
Open your SharePoint online site, then click on the gear icon then Add an app. In the Add, an app page clicks on SharePoint Store from the left side, which will open the SharePoint store. There search for “Nintex Forms for Office 365“, then click on ADD IT button to Add the app into the site.
Once we add the app or add-in to SharePoint Online, it will be available on the Site Contents page. But we can not customize any list form from site contents page.
To see a demo on how we can customize forms using Nintex forms, here I have created a very simple SharePoint 2013 custom list which has 3 single line of a text field. Title, FirstName, LastName. The list will look like below:
If you will add a new item, then the forms will look like below. In fact, the new form, edit form and display form all look similar like below:
To customize the forms, Open the custom list and from Ribbon, click on the LIST tab you will be able to see a option as Nintex Forms in the Customize List section as shown in the fig below:
If you are using a trial version, then it will first open a dialog box which will display how many days left in the trial period. In that dialog box simply click on “GO TO THE DESIGNER” button. This will open the whole Nintex Forms Designer. From the left side, you will be able to see the Controls (General, SharePoint, List Columns categories). In the Ribbon, you will be able to see various options like Save, Publish, Preview etc. And in the right side Properties window is presented.
Here we will try to change the Labels for each control. Simply select the Lable and in the right side you will able to see the Settings option and there we can change the text like below:
We can preview the form and can see how the form looks like by simply clicking on the Preview button from the ribbon as shown in the fig below:
The good things, that Nintex forms various devices like Desktop, smartphone, tablet, iPod etc. So you can preview as per particular device as well as the Mode like (New, Edit or Display view). Then click on Generate Preview as shown in the fig below.
When you will preview, you will be able to see the updates Labels like below:
In a single click, we can publish the form to the list, click on the Publish button from the ribbon and it will publish the form to the list.
Now if you will try to add an item to the list, the new Nintex form will appear, rather than your out of box form as shown in the fig below:
You can fill the form and click on Save to Save the data to the list and the data will be successfully saved.
You may like following Nintex forms for Office 365 tutorials:
- Steps to create column in Nintex forms designer in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to use Repeating Section in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to change Nintex Forms header banner in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- How to apply rules in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to reset to out of box list forms from Nintex Forms customization in SharePoint Online
- How to implement mandatory field validation in Nintex forms in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Steps to show cascading dropdown in Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to implement validation rules by condition in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Add different layouts into Nintex forms in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to design multiple step forms using Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- How to set a default value for lookup column in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
Here I have explained to you, how we can add Nintex forms for office 365 app or add-in to a SharePoint Online site. And also I have explained how we can customize a list form using Nintex forms for Office 365.
SharePoint Online FREE Training
JOIN a FREE SharePoint Video Course (3 Part Video Series)