Here we will discuss how we can create columns in Nintex forms designer in Office 365 SharePoint Online site. Rather creating a column in the browser through list settings we will create a column in Nintex forms designer itself. This is a creating column in Nintex forms step by step tutorial.
If you are new to Nintex, then before going through this tutorial, you can read about Working with Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online.
Follow below steps.
Open your SharePoint online office 365 site in the browser, then navigate to the particular list. For this particular example, I am opening my existing list.
From the Ribbon click on Nintex Forms button which will open the Nintex forms designer.
When it open Nintex Forms designer, from the Ribbon, click on Create Column as shown in the fig below:
This will open the Create column dialog box which usually comes while creating a column in a list using the browser. Fill the column details like Name, Type etc. Here I have just added a column with Multiple lines of text type. Once you click on OK, the column will get created.
The column will be available in the List Columns section which is there in the left side in Nintex forms designer. If you will expand to List Columns tab you will be able to see our newly created column. In my case I have created “AboutMe” column which looks like below:
If you want to add the column to the list form, then drag the column from the Forms Control and put it in the form.
Now publish the form from the Publish button from the ribbon. Once it is published successfully, you will be able to see the column when you will try to add an item to the list.
You may like following Nintex forms for Office 365 tutorials:
- How to use Repeating Section in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to change Nintex Forms header banner in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- How to apply rules in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
- How to reset to out of box list forms from Nintex Forms customization in SharePoint Online
- How to implement mandatory field validation in Nintex forms in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Steps to show cascading dropdown in Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to implement validation rules by condition in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- Add different layouts into Nintex forms in Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to design multiple step forms using Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online?
- How to set a default value for lookup column in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint online?
In this Nintex forms for Office 365, I have explained how to create column inside Nintex Forms designer.
-: FREE PDF e-Book Download :-
51 JSOM Examples in SharePoint Online
You May Also like the Following SharePoint Online Tutorials: